The Chamberlain C2202 garage door opener is a great addition to any home. It is easy to install and use, and it is a reliable and durable product. The unit comes with a variety of features that make it an ideal choice for those who want to upgrade their garage door opener. Continue reading this Chamberlain C2202 garage door opener review.
This garage door opener is equipped with a powerful 1/2HP motor that is capable of lifting a single car door up to 8 feet in height. It also includes a safety reversing system that will automatically reverse the door if it detects an obstruction. This feature is especially useful for homeowners with small children or pets.
In addition to its powerful motor, the Chamberlain C2202 also includes:
- Accessory Warranty: 1 Year
- Motor Warranty: 6 Years
- Parts Warranty: 1 Year
- Chain Warranty: 1 Year
The Chamberlain C2202 also includes a convenient keypad control that can be used to open, close, and lock your garage door. This feature is especially useful for those who are often away from home or who want to keep their garage door secure.
Strong Chain Drive
- Lifting Force 1/2HP – Support standard aluminum doors with a lift force equivalent to 1/2 HP*.
- Durable Chain – Count on long-term reliability with the durable chain drive system.
Chamberlain C2202 Features
- Easily Connect – Easily connect to a home network with built-in Wi-Fi.
- Receive Alerts – Receive alerts and open or close your garage door on your smartphone.
- Schedule To Close – Set a recurring schedule to close your garage door or turn your lights on/off.
- Syncs With – Sync with popular smart devices and platforms.
Specifications data table
|Lighting||100 Watt (light bulb sold separately)|
Overall, the Chamberlain C2202 is an excellent choice for those looking for a reliable and durable garage door opener. It is easy to install and use and it comes with a variety of features that make it an ideal choice for those who want to upgrade their garage door opener.
Garage Door Opener Chain-Drive vs Belt-Drive
The main difference between a chain drive and belt drive garage door opener is the noise level. Chain-drive openers are louder than belt-drive openers because the chain is clanking against the sprockets. Belt drive openers are quieter because the belt is made of rubber, which reduces vibration and noise. Additionally, belt drive openers tend to be more expensive than chain drive openers because they require more components and are typically used in commercial applications. Chain drive openers are more popular for residential applications because they are less expensive and easier to install.