Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270 bikes are two recumbent bikes that we are going to compare and review. Both are excellent, which is why we are going to try to help you decide which one to choose. If you want to stay fit all the time, you should consider one of these. Both machines are good, and they share almost the same features, but there are some differences worth mentioning. Before continuing, if you like to work at home, take a look at the GYM category where we have reviewed home workout machines.
So, what about Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270? Let’s take a look at both, to see what you’ll get or not if you decide to buy one of these. Continue on reading Nautilus R618 vs Schwinn 270 bikes for home workouts.
Why We Find Nautilus R618 A Better Bike?
About this item
Bluetooth connectivity, syncs with the Nautilus Trainer 2 App and other apps for fitness tracking
Dimensions: 67.3″ L x 26.4″ W x 48.8″ H
Product Weight: 107.1 pounds
Sync with free downloadable RideSocial App and see the world as you virtually ride alongside friends in real-time
29 customizable workout programs
Adjustable SightLine console with dual blue backlit screens. Maximum user weight: 325 pounds
Multi-position handlebars with integrated incline/resistance controls
- Nautilus R618 has 325 lbs maximum user weight capacity, while the Schwinn 270‘s capacity is 300 lbs. Both bikes are perfect for heavy people, but the Nautilus R618 is safer than its competitor, so you can go with this.
- R618 bike includes a chest strap, which means that you’ll get an accurate heart rate during each workout session. In contrast, Schwinn also has an HR feature, but it doesn’t offer a chest strap. You have to purchase a strap separately.
- Nautilus R618 gives a comfortable ride since it is built with a padded Dynamic Recline Nautilus Gel seat. You can easily adjust the seat for your back support, and it won’t hurt your back. In contrast, the Schwinn seat is not comfortable, plus it can cause severe back pain.
- They have a dual backlit LCD screen, but Nautilus will always show your workout progress when in use. Whereas, Schwinn screen will show workout steaks when you touch it. Also, the streaks lines will disappear within a minute, which is weird.
Nautilus R618 is a bike for serious cyclists, it operates seamlessly plus includes more quality features than its rival. If you want to improve your physical fitness at home, you should go for Nautilus R618.
Nautilus R618 vs Schwinn 270: Similar Features
- Both bikes have 29 customizable workout programs and 25 resistance levels, hence you can choose the exercise you want. Also, switching between different resistance levels is very easy on these bikes.
- Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270 have a built-in media rack and a water bottle holder. Furthermore, they have a speaker, including a USB port. You can keep your device to it or listen to music right on the bike during the workout sessions.
- Both bikes combine with famous app tools, such as MyFitnessPal and Explore the World. These apps have tons of free exercise tutorials that will help you to reduce weight soon.
Differences and Similarities between Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270
What about the Noise Level? Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270 bikes run smoothly and quietly. You won’t hear the squeaks of the parts of these bikes. These are so quiet that you can watch TV while riding on the bike. And you don’t need to increase the volume of your TV. Both bikes are almost silent when in use, so you can also use them at midnight.
Customizable program settings: They offer 29 customizable built-in workout programs so that you can choose the exercise from a variety of options. Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270 have 25 resistant levels. The resistance levels can change from effortless to difficult easily on them.
User Profile: When it comes to the user profile, Nautilus and Schwinn let you create up to 4 user profiles. That gives you an option for the whole family to use a bike. Additionally, these machines will track workout data for each user. Therefore, you can track the distance, and speed, how many calories you burn to everything in between.
Maximum Weight: Nautilus R618 has the maximum weight capacity compared to the Schwinn 270. This bike can load up to 325 lbs, whereas the Schwinn max load capacity is 300 lbs. Both of them are perfect for heavy people. Since Nautilus has slightly more load capacity, it will be safer for you. However, people who are 4ft 11 inches or more than 6ft will easily fit on these bikes.
Warranty: While purchasing an exercise bike, you should consider the warranty. The Nautilus R618 offers 15 years warranty on frame, labor for 1 year while other parts & electronics are warranted for 3 years. Besides, the Schwinn 270 offers 10 years warranty on its frame, 90-days on labor, parts have 2 years while electronics are 1 year. These periods will cover any manufacturer defects.
Nautilus R618 is a comfortable, sturdy bike with a high-quality design. It is perfect for intense workouts and serious cyclists. However, if you still do not make up your mind, we highly recommend Nautilus R618 for you. If you are impressed with the Schwinn 270 features, go for it. It isn’t a bad choice at all. Schwinn 270 is also built with quality features a bike should have.
Yes, you can easily move the bike because it has wheels on the front, making it easier for you to move from one room to another.
The Nautilus R618 offers 325 pounds max weight capacity, while the Schwinn bike’s max limit is 300 pounds.
Yes, this bike has a media rack, as well as a bottle holder.
If you’re interested in home gym workout machines, take a look at this Treadmill Comparison: Weslo Cadence G 5.9 vs Weslo Cadence G 5.9i also. Maybe to look at the Review and Compare: Marcy Home Gym MWM 988 vs 990. Not to forget this comparison Bowflex M7 vs M8.